Monday, January 3, 2011

This Blog Really is "The Best of Blake"!

Do you want to understand William Blake better? Do you want to know his work, his paintings and ways that he has influenced the modern world? Then click on this! This blog, written by Becca Gaulke, Kendal Kern and Pang Thao explains everything you need to know about William Blake! The blog itself is very appealing to me. Its colors and organization catches my eye. The introduction to the pages really reels me in and makes me want to learn more about their poet. On the side column of their blog, they have a “missions” list with their goals for the blog. All of their goals have been made. Yes they have made a creative, interactive blog, and yes they really showed their knowledge of William Blake in their blog! The poems that were chose to go on the blogs were something that I enjoyed reading. “Little Boy Lost/Found” was one of my favorites. Pang Thao had the great idea of putting a sad poem with a happy poem. She made a great connection between the poem of “Little Boy Lost/Found” and the song “Amazing Grace”. Her reactions to the poem lead her to create a really great and detailed analysis. Becca Gaulke had posted pictures that William Blake and painted. I was glad that she had posted them because I was interested to see what kind of master piece a poet could make not only with his words, but with images! I also thought that the section where Blake’s only painting pallet was still around was very interesting. Kendal Kern posted a video of a modern day Blake. The video shows a woman talking about William Blake’s famous quote “The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom”. I really like that Kendal was able to find a video clip of how a romantic poet was able to make a dent in Hollywood. Over all, this blog was colorful, interesting and had great poems to read! I would recommend this blog site to anyone who is interested in learning more about William Blake. Great job everyone! This blog really is, The Best of Blake!


No comments:

Post a Comment