Wednesday, January 5, 2011

High Five For This Blog!

Want to know more about Samuel Coleridge?
Check out this blog made by Karly, Michelle, Alana & Mikayla!
"Coleridge Comberbache, the Man of Two Names"
http://samueltaylorcoleridge.blogspot.com/

As I scrolled through the page full of student blogs, I found one that really caught my attention. Mr. Turner's Per. 1 blog group, consisting of Karly Tarsia, Mikayla Hull, Michelle Dong, and Alana Bogh really rocked this blog assignment. The first thing that really stood out to me was the name. Not only was it intrigiung, and made me wonder what else was in the blog, but it was to straight to the point and original. As I clicked into their blog website, I immidiately liked the simplicity of their page. The dark background contrasting with white letters looked great, and eliminated the prospect of the "I can't even read this mumbo-jumbo" problem. Everything was very organized and alligned. Spelling was great and punctuations were in check. Out of all the romantic poets I studied, I probably remember the least about Coleridge (which is one of my other reasons for choosing this blog). It was really helpful that this group posted a biography about his life. The biography not only informed me about his childhood life and his madult hood, but educated me on some of his famous works, such as Christabel and Kubla Khan. I also leanred he was addicted to opium. Uh oh. This blog had a really great post called "Quotes and Explanations". This section consisted of two famous Coleridge quotes and the bloggers thought on what they meant. It was really cool to see how the person interpreted the quotes and comparing their opinion to mine. This group, along with mine, used the "About Me" section of their blog website. It was nice to read a little bit about the creators of the blog, and there intrests. Unlike the other blogs, that I merely clicked open and closed quickly, this blogsite kept my attention (which is a very hard task..)I would most definitely recommend this blog to anybody loving literature, English history, romanticism, Coleridge, student projects or opiate addiction?

Kuddos to you ladies,
Kailee Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment